Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fear

Well I don't have a story around 12 years old but I have a really good story when I was about 7-8 years old (2nd grade). So during the summer, I was having my birthday party with my friends around the camp fire. The house I was at at the time had a huge broken down barn right next to the camp fire we were sitting at and a lot of tall weeds all around it too. But that night my mom, being smart, decided to tell a large group of 2nd grade girls the story of The Hook (if you don't know the story, look it up and you'll understand). Now hopefully you can imagine a large group of girls in the dark, around a camp fire, by a creepy broken down barn, and tall weeds that could be seen through while my mother is telling us this story. Once my mom was done telling us this story, we bolted back into the house screeming our heads off while checking to see if The Hook was chasing us. We didn't sleep at all that night because we were so scared. My story relates to the boys on the island because they are scared of the beastie who they think might come attack them the same way we thought about The Hook.

4 comments:

  1. ha Lauren I remember that! We were all so scared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be really scary, especially around that age when your imagination can come up with anything. Good story =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ba ha ha ha ha! :P that was so funny though . okay well maybe not so much at the time, but i'll admit it was now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! The hook alone is frightening. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete